Re: developing tube?

Howard W Etkind (etkindh@ucunix.san.uc.EDU)
Wed, 20 Mar 1996 10:45:40 -0500 (EST)

Judy,

This was a Daveid Katchel article in Darkroom and Creative camera
Techniques about 8 months ago. I madea very large tube to develop 20x24
prints in before we broke down and bought 20x24 trays (inches, not
centimeters). I went out a bought 8inch PVC pipe at 5 dollars a foot and
made a 20 inch tube. Remember that circumference is pi times diameter,
so 24 inch long print devided by 3.14159 (pi) equals 7.64, or a little
bit under 8 inches in diameter.

I had trouble finding a small piece, they wanted to sell it in 20 foot
lenghts. A pick-up truck, dirty jeans, worn steel toed boots and a hard
hat helping in talking to theses people. I work as a safety engineer and
on construction sites, have to dress the part!

Plus it makes it real easy to get good pictures of people at work!

Hope this helps...

Howard Etkind