Collotype workshop

Steve Avery ((no email))
Fri, 22 Mar 1996 11:25:43 +1100

Hi all,
Another bounced message.

cheers
-steve

- ------- Forwarded Message

Date: 21 Mar 96 09:26:16 EST
From: Pollmeier Klaus <100561.2417@compuserve.com>
To: Multiple recipients of <alt-photo-process@vast.unsw.edu.au>
Subject: Collotype workshop

I just returned from Dresden, east Germany, where I visited a collotype printing
studio. It is a private *working* museum and belongs to a commercial printing
company. They still have four big turn-of-the-century collotype printing presses
there, all working. It was breathtaking when they started moving: Sounds and
feels like a big steam engine... They print fine art reproductions and
photography and offered to do a 4-day workshop (Friday to Monday) for 5-7
people: Each step from the neg to the final print will be done - the printing on
a small press and on a big one from 1907. Date and fee are not fixed yet (this
fall? next summer? 300-500 USD?), so this is just to see wether there would be
enough people interested in coming to Dresden. What else you could do in
Dresden? See (or hear) the famous Semper opera, the Zwinger palace, the
beautiful landscape along the Elbe river, take a two hours ride to Dessau and
its Bauhaus (where I am working...), one and a half hour to Berlin or three
hours to Prague, or.... (No, I am NOT a travelling agent!)

Let me know what you think,

Klaus Pollmeier

- ------- End of Forwarded Message