Re: Sudek show

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Fri, 22 Mar 96 18:52 GMT

Bill Patterson posted:
<< The exception is "Still Life with Bread
and Glass" (his lunch, from my reading) that is described as a "Varnished
Silver Bromide Print" with the explanation "This is a extremely rare,
emulsion
transfer print. Sudek transferred the emulsion from a piece of photographic
paper to a piece of drawing paper, picking up its texture and color, which
are visible through the transferred emulsion." >>

I am not at all sure reading this what it could be. Is this a bad
description of a carbon print?

The information that some of his prints wer Bromoil came from the Bullaty
book. If he did work with bromoil then I suppose bromoil transfer is another
possibility.

Or does the descritpion make more sense to others than to me?

Thanks for the URL Bill - sounds worth a look.