[Fwd: Arches Platine Problem]

Jonathon Russell (Hylandscot@voyager.net)
Sun, 24 Mar 1996 09:44:29 -0500

Steve Avery wrote:

> Hi all,
> another bounced message (remember - reply to originator).
>
> cheers
> -steve

I had the same problem. Discovered that the black spots were caused by
not warming the platinum solution so as to put back into solution the
platinum salt crystals. This is a problem when the weather gets cold
(ie: darkrooms in basements, etc.). The platinum salt will crystalize at
normal room temperature and needs to be warmed. The black spots come
from small bits of undissolved crystal being spread onto the paper.
Hope that this helps.
Jonathon