Re: gloss for prints-was: liquid light

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 21:32:07 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 25 Mar 1996, Jim Spiri wrote:

> back when i wanted to increase Dmax on some platinums by glossing them i got
> a can of "Renaissance" wax, "used by the British Museum... to revive and

Renaissance Wax is available through Light Impressions, TALAS, etc. in the
States, & presumably comparable agents on continent. It is *said* to be
utterly safe (though, sorry, almost without odor). It does add some glow
or lustre, depending on the substrate -- I doubt very much it gives the
kind of big shine it sounds like is being asked for here. For that you
need something like a real varnish, say Liquitex or Golden gloss acrylic.
And if you cut it more than 50%, you usually lose the shine.

Judy