Re: Gum prints with the enlarger

Luis Nadeau (awef6t@mi.net)
Fri, 19 Apr 1996 17:25:58 -0300

>On Fri, 19 Apr 1996, Risa S. Horowitz wrote:
>
>> I'd be willing to spend a decade figuring the darned technique out for
>> myself before paying such a fee to a private individual for holding his
>> silly trade secret. I can't say it outright, but ($#(*# that!!!!!!!!!!!

Judy replied:

>Risa, I have to disagree and perhaps if you think about it from a
>different angle you'll at least soften your indignation. Which of us has
>made a once in a 200-year discovery/invention or whatever you want to call

I'm with Judy on this one too. I have paid dearly, in more ways than one,
to acquire trade secrets over the years. I don't mind paying for knowledge.
It's a lot cheaper than ignorance:-)

This said, there is a lot of practically free knowledge out there. When you
go to a library and borrow a book that required its author to learn three
languages or whatever and spend 10 years of work to complete, you are
getting an incredible bargain! Appreciate it. There are many thousands of
books produced that way in our libraries. Bookstores can also sell you that
knowledge for a tiny fraction of the original cost... Just try to buy a car
or a house that way;-)

Luis Nadeau