Re: Copy of: Cyanotype colour and Kallitypes

Pekka Nikrus (pnikrus@uiah.fi)
Fri, 26 Apr 1996 13:02:21 +0300 (EET DST)

On Thu, 25 Apr 1996, Judy Seigel wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Apr 1996, Pekka Nikrus wrote:
> >
> > I used the cyanotype formula from Keepers of Light a bit modified
> > (somewhat more chemistry/water). The lead acetate solution was about 5%
> > and I used it warmed up to about 40 degrees centigrade. This turned my
> > cyanotypes deep blue, beautiful ultramarine.
>
> That is so weird. Did you check it a week later? (My "selenium-toned"
> cyanotype is back to absolutely the way it began.) If so, guess I'll try
> it again.

Yes, I've been checking on my pictures now for a year and a half and they
haven't changed.

> > The paper used was Arches Aquarelle 300g, Ph neutral.
> Or maybe it was the paper.
> Judy

Maybe it is the water?

_PEKKA NIKRUS__<pnikrus@uiah.fi>________UNIVERSITY OF ART AND DESIGN HELSINKI
http://www.polycon.fi/ART/pekka/ DEPARTMENT OF PHOTOGRAPHY

"Everybody's searching for something they say, I get my kicks on the way"