Re: Kallitype archivality -Reply

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Sat, 27 Apr 1996 17:17:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 27 Apr 1996, Kevin Won wrote:

> Although this is simply anecdotal evidence, I have a couple of Kallitypes I
> did five years ago with strict lab procedures. (Developed 2x5 min, cleared
> EDTA 3x5 min, selenium toned 2 min, fixed plain hypo 2x5 min,
> hypo-eliminated 10 min, washed 1 hour). I felt that with careful attention

Is there a possibility that the ferric oxalate in the sensitiser was old?
Marilyn Bostick once told me that old ferric oxalate causes print to clear
badly, presumably leaving residual iron. Mike Ware once told me that
residual iron fades prints.

OTOH, that wouldn't cause fading to enter from the edge, would it?

Judy