Re: Croatia/Bromoil Paper ?

Henk Thijs (henk.thijs@eurocontrol.be)
Wed, 8 May 1996 06:52:41 +0000

Robert wrote:

>I heard that there is the perfect Bromoil paper being made in Croatia.
>The person told me that you can just wipe a wet sponge across it and see
>the gelatine start to swell. That would be SWELL if I could find out
>more about this dream paper.
>Does anybody know ?
>Thanks
>Robert.
>
>ps. too bad the Luminos version is single weight.
The Fotokemika from Croatia is n o t the ultimate bromoil paper; see also the
comments of Klaus Pollmeier.
It is a plastic paper with an incredible relief, but hard to ink in the
highlights . The trick of first preparing the matrix with artists-terpentine
is a remedy , but it is surely not the non plus ultra. By the way , what is
wrong with the single weight Luminos/Kentmere/Lewis paper?
Regards Henk