Re: Paris and video

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Wed, 8 May 1996 09:54:42 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 8 May 1996, Philippe MOROUX wrote:

> A student who came with me to Paris made a video of the "Paris meeting".
> This video is a little bit more than 2 hours.
> The original is a VHS/PAL format.
> The quality is medium, but quite informative (no montage, just raw).

> If the amount of copies is less than 15, then I can make the copies at home,
> waiting that someone send me a VHS 180 and a little participation for the
> sending cost (Europe = 10 dutch gulden / USA = 15 dutch gulden).
> If the "order" is greater I think I will have to buy a certain amount of tapes
> and let it be done though my school. Or perhaps it would be clever to do a
> kind of chain-copying.
-

And a Dutch gulden is about......? Do you take Visa? I suspect the fee
for money changing will be equal to the cost, but surely a bargain at any
price -- all the principal players without having to get on an airplane!

Or how about dollars in raw format? (They seem to arrive when I mail them,
and might entice you to visit one day). However you advise sending money,
what might make sense would be for one of us (or a couple if demand is
great) in the US to get the tape and then mail on to others in this
country.

I'd like to start by "ordering" a tape if I may, assuming it will work in
American VCR (and that I can figure out how without erasing, as VCR is not
my medium!). If production goes into the big numbers & others want to
send me dollars to place one large "order" (& are willing to do the
arithmetic) we could talk about that -- offlist.

Judy