Re: Coating

John Rudiak (wizard@laplaza.taos.nm.us)
Wed, 8 May 1996 22:31:56 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 8 May 1996, George L Smyth wrote:

> I'm using a new foam brush, but I'm concerned that the overlapping that
> is necessary might alter the density. That's why I brush in all four
> directions, hoping to minimize this possibility. Is that as good as it
> gets?
>
> Thanks - george

print
George, I use foam brushes exclusively for platinum printing, in sizes up
to 16X20 inches. I brush in both directions. Ithink a lot has to do
with what paper you are using and knowing when to stop brushing. The
harder the paper the longer you can brush before the paper starts to abrade.
Of coarse you want to stop brushing before this point. I hold the brush
vertically, and try to barely touch the paper when I am spreading the
sensitizer around. Also, use progressively larger brushes as print sizes
increase.

Hope this helps.

Best

John