Re: your mail

Barbara N. Brown (bnbrown@mail.utexas.edu)
Thu, 9 May 1996 09:55:37 -0500

>On Thu, 9 May 1996, Judy Seigel wrote:
>> That's "Tween 20" and it's actually polyoxyethylenesorbitan monolaurate
>> (Peter Marshall reveals). I've tried to find out if that's same chemical
>> as PhotoFlo, but no one answered. Apparently, however, does same thing.
>>

>> Judy
>>
>I am not sure whats in photo-flo either, might be some form of
>carbo-wax, but if you want to know whats in anything, and the approximate
>proportions of the components, call the manufacturer (in this case Kodak)
>and request the MSDS for that product (manufacturers safety data
>sheets). They have to send it to you.
>
>Best
>
>John
Since I happen to have a copy of the MSDS for Kodak Photo-Flo 200 solution
nearby, here is the component information:
water [weight percent of solution: 60-70]
propylene glycol [weight % of sol'n.: 25-30]
p-Tertiary-octylphenoxy polyethyl alcohol [weight % of sol'n.: 5-10]
(also known under the trade name Triton X-100)

Hope this helps.
Barbara Brown