(no subject)

John Rudiak (wizard@laplaza.taos.nm.us)
Fri, 10 May 1996 23:33:21 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 10 May 1996, Jonathon Russell wrote:

> ONE LAST QUESTION!!! Would Heico brand Perma Wash be a substitute for
> Kodak's Hypo Clearing solution as a clearing agent?
> Regards,
> Jonathon

Heico Perma Wash is a mixture of ammonium sulfite and sodium sulfite, and
should work about as well as a plain sodium sulfite solution. In my
experience, the plain sulfite solution is not as effective as Kodak Hypo
Clear. Since switching from Gallery 100 to Platine (finnicky- not a
switch I'm thrilled with) I've changed my clearing procedure to two baths
of 0.3% HCl, rinse, then a trip through the Kodak Hypo Clear.

Hope this helps.

John