Re: Paris meeting

Henk Thijs (henk.thijs@eurocontrol.be)
Wed, 15 May 1996 11:06:02 +0000

Dear Terry,
You wrote to Luis:
>You asked whether we understood what was going on. I think as much as had it
>been in English only when one takes into account the amount of practical
>demonstration.
>
>I do remember though, when a certain individual was being particularly
>loquacious, that your translation was terse and succinct to the extent of
being
>Pythonesque. It got the intended laugh.
For my last birthday I got the best English-Dutch dictionary one can get,
especially meant for the Internet messages - there was no need for this during
25 years of international communication or automation.
I found:
loquacious - praatziek
terse - zakelijk
succinct - beknopt,
but what the hell is 'P y t h o n e s q u e', do you mean the snake :-)
Cheers Henk

--
  Henk    Thijs                 tel: +31-(0)43-3661249
  Eurocontrol Maastricht UAC    fax: +31-(0)43-3661300