Re: Paris: Was: Re: Video

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Wed, 15 May 1996 17:31:50 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks to Luis for fascinating report, with so many good details.

On Wed, 15 May 1996, Luis Nadeau wrote:
> >Judy. You seem to be at a big University. Is there a video group there that
> >could take a PAL original bring it up on a digital non-linear editing system
> >and then make direct NTSC copies? Anyone else with this capacity? Doing

I'm embarrassed that I forgot to reply to that (I told you my short-term
memory was going) -- no, I'm at an *art school* -- Pratt in Brooklyn. We
have a film-video department, which might or might not have that capacity.
I can call & ask (I don't teach this semester, and except for special
events don't go out to Brooklyn). But, meanwhile, I've been given to
understand that someone else in States (midwest?) is going to do this and
that we are supposed to get a tape from him. I'm confused here, and await
instructions.

> Part "deux" of the meeting was left to two major French organizations
> seriously involved with Alt-photo processes, i.e., APA (Association pour la
> Photographie Ancienne et ses techniques) and Helios. They represent about
> 120 members.

I am dejected and chagrinned that we don't have an APA on this continent.
What's our problem?

> There was Philippe Berger from Belgium, who has revived the Sury process,
> documented in my Encyclopedia, p. 440. To summarize this, I'll give myself

Oh dear, pas avant le process junky... Is this terribly difficult? Is it
beautiful?

but at this point I'm confused, should I send this to Luis? Where are you
Luis? Well, here goes...

Judy