Paris, Amsterdam

Bas van Velzen (eland@knoware.nl)
Tue, 21 May 1996 22:03:24 +0100

Having been away for some time and therefore replying late in answer to
what Luis wrote on 15-5:

>The day did not end there however. We had lunch at a local cafe and then we
>walked a couple of blocks over to the Hotel de Sully where they showed la
>creme de la creme that the Royal Photographic Society (Bath, England) has
>to offer. Some 150 masterpieces in all, including original platinum prints
>by Evans, and gorgeous gravures and carbon prints. What a show to wrap up
>this meeting!
>
>This was way too short! Everybody agreed that we'd need at least a week of
>lectures, workshops, exhibitions...
>
>I do have several meetings in Paris over the next couple of weeks and we'll
>see what can be drummed up in terms of support, etc., to make this happen
>someday

I hereby repeat my invitation to do this again someday in may 1997 (3? 10?)
in my Amsterdam workshop. Plenty of place, light, tables, drinks etc. Being
my own boss I promiss not to throw anyone out before 01.00 hrs. the next
day. Possible excursions to either the Rijksmuseum or the municipal
archives (large photo collections). On april 30 it is queensday in
Amsterdam (the birthday of queen Beatrix' mother Juliana) and the whole
town is one big garage sale, great hunting grounds for camera's, photo's
etc, live music all day long and general party time for everybody.

let's see what can be done and organised

Bas

PS. Luis, I found a print that says
"proc=E9d=E9 et imp Georges Petit"
and he is not in your encyclopedia!! it looks like a (not too well
executed) heliogravure to me.

Jonge Eland papierrestauratie
eland@knoware.nl
t +31 20 623 79 89
f +31 20 627 32 23

VeRes (Dutch Association of Professional Restorers)
postbus 11503
1001 GM Amsterdam

PAPER IS ART IS PAPER IS ART IS PAPER IS ART IS PAPER IS ART IS PAPER