Cyanotypes in Texas

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Wed, 22 May 1996 16:53:57 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 22 May 1996, Russell Young wrote:

> Regarding the archival nature of cyanotypes, one may see
> Sir John Herschel's original (1839-41) cyanotypes in the
> Humanties Research Center at the University of Texas at
> Austin. These are glued into an album, by Herschel, at the
> time and remained in England until the 1960s.
> They are pristine...

Speaking of cyanotypes in Texas, my neighbor John Dugdale has a show on
now in Houston, is it Center for Creative Photography? Something like
that, but I've got the city right, and the 95 degrees outdoors right.
One room for the blue and one for the brown (tannic acid toned) prints -- so
get on your horse & ride over.... (Tho he said he didn't see any cowboys,
just very sophisticated art & photography-ites on his trip out for the
opening.)

Judy