Re: Cyanotypes in Texas

Donald Nelson~ (dnelson@sedona.intel.com)
Wed, 22 May 1996 16:22:55 +22306039 (MST)

> On Wed, 22 May 1996, Russell Young wrote:
>
> > Regarding the archival nature of cyanotypes, one may see
> > Sir John Herschel's original (1839-41) cyanotypes in the
> > Humanties Research Center at the University of Texas at
> > Austin. These are glued into an album, by Herschel, at the
> > time and remained in England until the 1960s.
> > They are pristine...
>
> Speaking of cyanotypes in Texas, my neighbor John Dugdale has a show on
> now in Houston, is it Center for Creative Photography? Something like
> that, but I've got the city right, and the 95 degrees outdoors right.
> One room for the blue and one for the brown (tannic acid toned) prints -- so
> get on your horse & ride over.... (Tho he said he didn't see any cowboys,
> just very sophisticated art & photography-ites on his trip out for the
> opening.)

Center for Creative Photography is in Tucson, Az (Univ Ariz). And the
temperature in Tucson is slightly higher than 95 degrees (although
the humidity is a lot lower than in Houston).

Can you please ask your friend the actual name of the place in Houston?
Will be in that city early next Month
Thanks