Copy of: Re: Copy of: buying Gum Arabic

TERRY KING (101522.2625@CompuServe.COM)
23 May 96 11:09:57 EDT

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

From: TERRY KING, 101522,2625
TO: Judy Seigel, INTERNET:jseigel@panix.com
DATE: 23/05/96 16:09

RE: Copy of: Re: Copy of: buying Gum Arabic

Judy

Part 2

There may be a confusion here between a heavier
> gum (the baume) and a more colorless gum, water white, as they say, which
> the Winsor Newton is (don't know the baume).

17

In my experience, a gum can
> look quite amber-colored in the jar, but with pigment added it's all the
> same. Tho I'll add that I've seen some *really* dark gum (including that
> sold by the pint at Pearl Paint!) deserved only to be thrown out.

That it why it is important when buying the powder to make sure that it is
white. You can use it for starching your sheets so you won't have to sleep on
the grass.

Terry