Re: The Aesthetics of Paper

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Fri, 24 May 96 18:05 BST-1

> I just checked a print of my Kodak Step Tablet, and it clearly shows a
> range of 10 stops on double-coated Platine.
>
> David

This tells us that you can print from a negative with a range of densities
that corresponds to those 10 steps on the tablet. (With my Kodak tablet,
this would correspond to 9 x .15 or 1.35). _Very_ valuable information when
you are making the negatives to match the paper.

It tells you (or us) nothing about the tonal range of the prints that you
produced. For that you would need to use a densitometer on the print.

Peter Marshall

Pictures on Fixing Shadows: ----------- http://fermi.clas.virginia.edu/~ds8s
Future Press and elsewhere... E-Mail: petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk