Sprint/Pyro (was Your opinion please

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Fri, 31 May 1996 16:55:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 31 May 1996, John Rudiak wrote:
> I add a
> few drops of Sprint End Run to the albumen, which inhibits bubble
> formation and the formaldehyde in it preserves to albumen and seems to

Hi John,

Perhaps you've mentioned "Sprint End Run" in other context; hope you
won't mind describing again... What's it for? Could you put it in
gelatine to discourage bubbles?

Also,
> ... in my own work I discovered that if I took a normal
> negative developed for contact printing on silver gelatin paper and
> chromium intensified it using pyro as the redeveloper, it produced a
> negative perfect for albumen.

The implication here is that pyro as redeveloper was in some way better
than normal "regular" redeveloper. In what way? The stain added even more
density? I've tested chromium intensifier, one time, two times, with added
selenium toning, etc., don't remember off top of the head which developer
was best, but know I never tried pyro ... should I?

I do recall a thread a while back about pyro with some difference of
opinion -- about equal between it's worth the extra trouble, it's no
better, the negative stain is big help, negative stain is problem. Were
you one of those? TIA ....

Judy