Re: Quoting Paul Anderson Part Two

Peter charles fredrick (pete@fotem.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 6 Jun 96 06:40:23 +1000

>From: Judy Seigel <jseigel@panix.com>
>Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 01:53:50 -0400 (EDT)
>Subject: Re: Quoting Paul Anderson Part Two
>
>On Mon, 3 Jun 1996, Peter charles fredrick wrote:
>> Personally I do not see why you need to keep shouting down this well,
>
>I wish to see gum well and widely practiced, rather than, as is so often
>the case today, mal-practiced.

Hi Judy

>As for proof, prove it yourself.<

If you are not prepared to take up my challenge why should I, after all
said and done you are the one making the assertion, but I will. and report
back my findings
It should be a very interesting exercise.Allowing me to look into the
mysteries of the Seigel witchcraft ( white witchcraft I hope ;-) )

>Defined how? I infer from the question the 1996 platinum-printer
mentality that sees "quality" as meaning long scale, smooth texture,
high D-max. My point is simply that gum can do well enough in these
respects for all practical purposes, can print every "detail" in the
negative (tho not quite on Bockingford) and get a fine hit of density in
one coat. <

> This viewpoint is not wrong, why bother to extol its virtues as a
> reproductive medium , when it is so good at doing far more exciting
> creative things , from a manipulative visual point of view.?

>Why not sing *and* dance?<

There seems an awful lot of singing and not very much dancing so far !

pete