Copy of: Re: physiology vs. sensitometry

TERRY KING (101522.2625@CompuServe.COM)
09 Jun 96 13:09:50 EDT

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

From: TERRY KING, 101522,2625
TO: Peter Marshall, INTERNET:petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk
DATE: 09/06/96 18:11

RE: Copy of: Re: physiology vs. sensitometry

Peter

The negatives produced would be more like the ones that Terry
> prefers (or thinks superior) for platinum

There is no doubt that they produce superior results !

Grain and sharpness were hardly of importance - and very dense negs
> were no great problem. Once enlargement became important photographers needed
to rethink their
> methods

Why ?

and aim for lower density, less grainy and sharper negs - and so
> the need for the Zone system.

Is not that just what we have been saying ?

It was _not_ a response to any problems of
> silver gelatine printing paper
> results.

So why all the agony ?

Terry