Copy of: Re: physiology vs. sensitometry

TERRY KING (101522.2625@CompuServe.COM)
11 Jun 96 19:59:35 EDT

---------- Forwarded Message ----------

From: TERRY KING, 101522,2625
TO: Peter Marshall, INTERNET:petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk
DATE: 12/06/96 00:13

RE: Copy of: Re: physiology vs. sensitometry

However, for
> whatever reason, I think you are just going to have to accept that your
> experience on this occasion does not appear to accord with the way that the
> rest of us see the world - or indeed with the literature on the subject.
> Whether this was a peculiarity of this one particular situation or your
> perceptions is surely of little consequence.

I am sorry Peter but the rest of the world is wrong. It often happens. People
only believe what they are told to believe not what they see. Go and look for
yourself ! Believe the evidence of your own eyes.

> Without particularly wishing to continue this exchange can I ask one small
> question.
>
> Are you saying that you were able on the spot to develop the neg and produce
> the platinum print so you could compare it with the scene under the exact
> lighting conditions (or went back with it under the same lighting conditions
> - it would be nice if you had recorded the spot readings too!) or are you
> relying on your memory of the scene?

Given the special circumstances memory is sufficient although there were also
spot readings. But it is not just in this circumstance. You can see evidence of
this phenomenon nearly every day. Do you still see horses with two legs forward
and two legs back ?