Re: Digital negatives

Kerik Kouklis (KOUKLIS_KERIK@aphub.aerojetpd.com)
24 Jun 96 09:54:04 PDT

David wrote:

> I've been doing some interesting tests with digital negatives recently
> and I can now definitely recommend halftone linescreens rather than the
> diffusion dither bitmaps recommended by Dan Burkholder. They print much
> smoother, especially useful for broad monotone areas.

This sounds like good news considering the frustrations and
inconsistencies I've experienced with the Burkholder method. Could
you be more specific about how you are creating your negs? Are you
still using Burkholder's contrast curves? What linescreen values are
you using for your output? Any other suggestions before I waste more
money at the service bureau?

Thanks!

Kerik