Re: Density Range

Kerik Kouklis (KOUKLIS_KERIK@aphub.aerojetpd.com)
24 Jun 96 10:19:08 PDT

Terry wrote:

> The results with amidol are so good that I have never seen any reason to change.
> The gradation is beautiful. The separation of tones in the highlights and the
> shadows is stunning. And the possible tonal range is plenty enough for carbon
> let alone pt/pd and salt. Normal development time is comparable with that for
> paper. I have seen very very few modern platinum prints that can compare. All
> I need to do is expose for the mid point that I choose and develop accordingly
> as I know that the pt/pd paper will handle the range.

Terry, could you describe the formulation and use of this developer
for use with FP4+ and platinum printing? Or, please direct us to a place
in the archives (or elsewhere) to find this information if you have already
described it.

It all sounds too good to be true, which is motivation enough for me
to try it.

Thank you.

Kerik