Re: film for big negs

Zvi Griliches (zgrilich@husc.harvard.edu)
Wed, 26 Jun 1996 22:44:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 27 Jun 1996, Robert wrote:

> Hello alt. people,
> I just got a catalog from Freestyle Sales Co in Calif. They have a
> "litho type" film in lage sheets 4x5" up to 20 x 24". A 16 x 20 box of 50
> sheets cost $77.00. They also have premium halftone and line film.
> Mike Robinson was talking on the list today about using Fuji graphic arts
> film for enlarged negs.
> NOW THE QUESTION Does anyone out there have knowledge/opinion as to how these
> films will work for enlarged negs if developed in a soft working film dev.
> I'd like to use them for Gums and Oil prints.
> Any help is very much appreciated.
> Robert Newcomb

You can develop lith film in varied dilutions of Dektol to get more or
less full tone negs. I suggest you write to James Luciana @ P.O. Box
330, Salisbury Mills, NY 12577 and ask for his Platinum/Palladium
Printing info pamphlet in which he explains this dev. I works pretty
well and is lots cheaper, but I don't think it works as well as other
full tone films.