Re: The creative photo chemist (was rodinol & rev)

Steve Avery (stevea@sedal.usyd.edu.AU)
Tue, 02 Jul 1996 13:33:05 +1000

This message bounced. Note the original sender.

----------------------<included message follows>------------------------

From: babbleon@terraport.net (Risa S. Horowitz)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 22:14:24 -0400
Subject: Re: The creative photo chemist (was rodinol & rev)

> Of course everyone has met a member of the "sterile tray club." You
> know the kind, the ones with each tray marked for fix, developer, etc
> (ok, I won't argue there too much) but then they have to scrub and
> scrub with hot water so as not to contaminate the chemistry on the
> next use. A cold water rinse won't do, heavens no!

Heh. well, i'm one of those bratty kids, and my tray treatment tends to
depend on how long after a run in my darkroom i leave the chem in the
trays before cleaning them out (as opposed to dumping the stuff back
into my datatainers as soon as i'm finished with em). if i can see the
developer stain on the tray, it's time to scrub :)

I guess that's one of the things i've realized since subscribing to this
list: the more i know i don't know, the less likely i've been to play,
but.....

speaking of experimenting, and trying things new (for me, new, for me)
(and Mike R, gimme a call on this!), I just picked up some 4x5 FP4
(meep, terry), to figure out if I can make it work in my darkroom
either/both enlarging and contacting onto it. If it does (meaning, If i
can do it), i'll try 8x10 for my gums.

I know Mike uses Pyro, but since I don't want to mess with more than one
new variable at a time (i'm a little gunshy), I wonder if anyone (all,
whoever) can suggest which of the conventional, prepared developers from
Ilford or Kodak to try for tray processing.

That's my daring wild and crazy alt kinda thing for the month i guess.
wish me luck (she says, rolling her eyes)

Risa