glyoxal

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Mon, 15 Jul 1996 16:15:31 -0400 (EDT)

Some folks seem to have trouble getting glyoxal -- I forward a message I
received a couple of weeks ago .....

On Fri, 28 Jun 1996 LESMD@aol.com wrote:
> .... I am switching to
> glyoxal as a hardening agent in any event because of the toxicity issue. BTW
> it was fairly easy for me to find a supplier for the glyoxal in the Bay Area.
> Bryant Laboratory Inc of Berkeley (510-526-3141) was willing to take a phone
> order and accepts credit cards. A pint is $14 plus S&H sounded reasonable.
>
> Now, how much glyoxal do you use to harden the gelatin? Can it be mixed with
> the gelatin?

Don't remember if I answered that last -- in any event, I used 25cc of
the 40% to a litre of water. Seemed about right. I wouldn't mix it with
the gelatine, don't ask me why.

Bryant labs will ship UPS wherever.

Judy