Re: Re: Dichromate of choice

destowe@pipeline.com
Thu, 18 Jul 1996 05:47:02 GMT

On Wed, Jul 17, 1996 1:10:03 PM, <filmpro@cris.com> wrote:

>> a saturated solution is *faster,* all
>>other things being equal.
>

>When you refer to Potassium Dichromate of being a saturated solution at

>11%, are you saying if I were to add 20 parts of PD to 100 parts water, I

>would still have only an 11% solution?
>
>What becomes of the additional PD?
>
>Thanks!
>

>A Non-chemist :)
>
>Macy Garcia

The rest of the Potassium Dichromate lies on the bottom of the container
undissolved. The proof of a saturated solution is some undissolved solute
at solution equilibrium.

Don- A retired H.S. Chemistry Teacher

* Any advice/information/opinions given may have no basis in reality.
* You assume all risk in heeding any advice or using any information
* provided. I carry no insurance, and all assets are in a trust, so
* you won't get squat anyway. (Steal this disclaimer, I did!)

Donald E. Stowe (Don) <destowe@pipeline.com>