Re: Dichromate/ size/tricolor/pigment

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Sun, 21 Jul 1996 17:51:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 22 Jul 1996, Peter Charles Fredrick wrote:
> Yellow is a beguiling and misleading colour , the colour with the
> highest tonal value, being very light its true strength is not realised
> until it is often to late, once it goes wrong , you might as well throw
> the print away, as it it's almost impossible to correct.So if it goes down
> first as often recommended, the die is caste so to speak

But if you do the yellow last & it's no good, wouldn't that spoil all
your prior work? Is there some way you can "correct" when it's the last
that you can't with the first? Or maybe you can't tell if it's OK when it's
the first coat & waste a lot of effort on top of it?

I think it's also possible that yellow behaves differently with different
media, such as the fotempera.

Judy