Re: drowning, not waving

Steve Avery (stevea@sedal.usyd.edu.AU)
Mon, 29 Jul 1996 12:53:33 +1000

Tony.Newby wrote:

> As a new subscriber to the List, I've been reading the mail for the
> last 3 weeks or so, with considerable interest but also with
> increasing desperation. I'm swamped by the sheer volume of stuff -
> today's download was 90-odd (some odder than others) messages!
>
> I've set up thematic folders to dump different subjects into (like
> pieces of string, they may come in useful at some time...).
> Any practical suggestions for controlling the in-flow?

Hi all,
For those not aware, there is a digest version of the list available.
This effectively throws all the messages from the last 24 hour period
together, stripping out some of the unnecessary headers, and sends the
result out to you. This way, you will only ever get one message per day
(actually it may turn out it gets split if there is just too much
traffic that day).
To change to digest mode, send the message:

set alt-photo-process mail digest

to listproc@cse.unsw.edu.au (NOTE THE ADDRESS!!!!). You will get a
confirmation message if all goes well. As always, if you have any
problems, drop me some personal email (mailto:stevea@sedal.usyd.edu.au).

cheers
-steve