Re: Homemade Pigment Tissue?

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Tue, 30 Jul 96 18:17 BST-1

I'd certainly give it a try. I started using watercolour paper and the cheap
stuff is certainly better than this.

I don't think it would work at all well with photographic paper as some
people suggest - the water needs to soak through the paper to dissolve the
gelatine layer next to the paper.

I understood that the recommendation of photo paper in this process was for
receiving the image from the tissue, not for making the actual pigment
tissue - though here I found gelatine coated water colour paper to serve the
purpose without a great deal of trouble. I think that is what Luis is
referring to in his post.

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows, Dragonfire and elsewhere:
http://faraday.clas.virginia.edu/cgi-uva/cgiwrap/~ds8s/Niepce/peter-m.cgi
Family Pictures & Gay Pride: http://www.dragonfire.net/~gallery/