Re: Digital Negatives - the next chapter

John Rudiak (wizard@laplaza.org)
Tue, 30 Jul 1996 22:47:59 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 30 Jul 1996, Beakman wrote:

> 1. Mix sensitizer -- 14 drops Pd solution (hot, heated in a water bath on
> a hot plate), 2 drops Pt solution (also hot), 1 drop of H2O2, and finally
> 14 drops of ferric oxalate solution, room temperature. This will cover an
> 8x10 using a coating rod (about 8 passes or so). It's important that the
> Pt and Pd solutions be hot. This makes sure that there are no crystals in
> the solution and makes the drop size smaller. This process prefers
> slightly more ferric oxalate than Pt/Pd. Using hot Pd/Pd and room temp
> ferric oxalate gives me that.
>

> 5. Clear using Kodak Hypo Clearing Agent at normal strength.

Right on Kodak Hypo Clear is necessary to clean Platine.

Have you tried mixing the platinum and palladium solutions together while
warm, and then using it? I think you'll find you don't need to keep
heating the stuff up to use it.

John