Re: Printing on copper

Jim Spiri (plyboy@teleport.com)
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 08:08:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jack:

I did something kinda like that once, might give you some ideas to explore.

I transferred laserprint toner to copper sheet and was able to use it as an
etching resist. Results were pretty funky, but i never went very far with
it; with big solid areas should work pretty well...

maybe you could have a polymer letterpress plate made and emboss it into the
copper (plastic tough enough?)...

or have plexiglas (perspex across the pond) lasercut and use that to make
copper "prints"...

yer gonna patinate the copper?

Jack wrote:
>Dear Folks out there
>Just read a post re using copper for gravure etc. I realized that I had
>gone to a scrap metal yard and purchased 35 yards of copper foil about
>three times as thick as standard aluminum foil.
>I was going to use it by making digital files of shadows and having them
>laser cut into the copper....but now that I realize that perhaps I can
>place a photograph on the copper surface, maybe etched....are there any
>ideas out thaere on how to go about it, or ho=w to alter a standard etching
>process so as to place photography onto my metal foil?
>Thanks
>Jack Fulton

Plywood and Rhetoric
graphic design from both sides of the brain
plyboy@teleport.com
http://www.teleport.com/~plyboy
"Momma DID raise a fool"