Re: Pigment particals

Bas van Velzen (eland@knoware.nl)
Tue, 6 Aug 1996 14:47:46 +0100

Alex Nanson wrote:

>The above device is known in the UK and doutbless the USA as a Hegman
>Gauge. As I understand, it does not measure the size of the individual
>pigment particles, but gives an indication of how well the pigment is
>dispersed in the resin or medium.

This is true and a welcome enhancement of what I wrote: being on holyday
one has to do everything from his mind... The particle size will be
indicated though for well dispersed pigments. For absolute particle size
measurements I wouldn't know which device to use, maybe it can be done with
a microscope?