Re: ALT-PHOTO-PROCESS digest 649

Peter Marshall (petermarshall@cix.compulink.co.uk)
Sun, 25 Aug 96 21:36 BST-1

> Peter Marshall wrote:
>
> > If you are going to review the Argyrotype kit I would suggest that you
also
> try the Van Dyke variant of the Kallitype process. <
>
> Sorry for the delay in answering - I've been in Scotland on holiday for a
week.

> Yes, I certainly intend to try the Van Dyke process (and other Kallitype
> versions), though not for inclusion in the Argyrotype review as they've
already
> been covered by the magazine.
>
> Derek.

The point of my comment was that the Argyrotype is essentially a chemically
updated version of these processes and so it would make sense to compare
with the Van Dyke in terms of quality of results, sensitivity to different
papers, ease of use, cost etc.

This would make much more sense than attempting to review the Argyrotype in
isolation.

Peter Marshall

On Fixing Shadows, Dragonfire and elsewhere:
http://faraday.clas.virginia.edu/~ds8s/
Family Pictures & Gay Pride: http://www.dragonfire.net/~gallery/