Re: Polaroid transfers

George L Smyth (GLSmyth@ari.net)
Mon, 02 Sep 1996 14:14:02 -0400

Sandy Vrooman wrote:

> The method that used to work was dry transfers on Arches 130 lb hot press
> rubbed for 2 minutes with the edge of my hands...keeping the thing hot. Now
> wet or dry, with vinegar, with photo flow, with fresh film...much pulling
> up.

There's a secret to this that I haven't seen published anywhere, for
some reason. After rubbing, place the whole thing under warm water and
allow to soak for a minute. Then, underwater, pull the paper apart.
That will greatly minimize your problems. BTW, the water should be warm
- not hot, but then again more than "uncold."

george

--
 Handmade Photographic Images
  http://www2.ari.net/glsmyth