Re: Polaroid transfers

George L Smyth (GLSmyth@ari.net)
Tue, 03 Sep 1996 20:21:12 -0400

Karen Molloy wrote:

> George L Smyth wrote:
>
> >There's a secret to this that I haven't seen published anywhere, for
> >some reason. After rubbing, place the whole thing under warm water and
> >allow to soak for a minute. Then, underwater, pull the paper apart.
> >That will greatly minimize your problems. BTW, the water should be warm
> >- not hot, but then again more than "uncold."
>
> Thanks for the unpublished tip! Is the "soak for a minute" an additional minute
> or part of the 2.5 minutes I allow for the transfer to take place?

It depends upon the directions you're following. Following the
instructions in Polaroid's Advanced Image Transferring booklet, after
the initial soak, you're never againin the water. After transferring,
place the whole thing in the water however long you allow the two to
stick together (the booklet suggests 90 to 120 seconds). I say a minute
because it normally takes about half a minute to do the rolling. The
important thing is that it all goes into warm water and gets pulled
apart there.

george

--
 Handmade Photographic Images