Big Paper

Steven J Rifkin (rifki001@gold.tc.umn.edu)
Mon, 9 Sep 1996 18:16:51 -0600

>>From: John Barnier <jb@dgi.net>
>>Subject: Big Paper
>>This may or may not matter to anyone here. I've seen reference to it on
>>more than one photo-related list...
>>
>>Nevertheless,for the person searching for large rolls of fiber-base
>>paper, here are three:
>>1. Agfa Brovira; 50" x 100ft rolls. Don't know which contrast grades.
>>2. Ilford Multigrade; 42" x 100ft rolls.
>>3. Kodak Polymax; 42" x 30ft rolls.
>>
>>My source is Chris Faust in Minneapolis, a maker of exquisite LARGE
>>panoramic fiber-base prints. His favorite was Luminos, but he says it's
>>no longer available. All three are available at stores in the Minneapolis
>>area.
>>
>>Best,
>>
>>John Barnier
>>12560 Morris Trail North
>>Marine on St. Croix,
>>Minnesota 55047 USA
>>jb@dgi.net

As far as I know Agfa's Brovira Fiber base paper has been discontinued.

Available in fiber base roll goods are:

Agfa's Multigrade Classic in a 111 and 118 surface 50"x 100 '
Insignia 111 (soon to be phased out) 50" x 100'
Portriga 111 (soon to be phased out) 50" x 100'

Luminos Bromide Mural R in 24", 41" and 51" x100'
Classic Archival R 51" x 100'
Single Weight Matte 41" x 98' and 41" x 250'
Classic Charcoal R and Tapestry X 42" x 30'
and soon to be available a "new" variable contrast
version of the "old" Portriaga 118

Forte's Fortezo Warmtone fiber based paper apx. 41" x 10 meters
Warmtone Polygrade
These papers are available in a number of different
surfaces by special order only.
Normal delivery time is 2 - 3 months

Ilford's Multigade .1K and .5K surfaces in a 42' x 100'
Gallerie .1K and .5K surfaces in a 42' x 30'
other widths up to 56" available via special order in
the U.S., "off the shelf" in the
U.K. I've been told. Ilford is very good about
providing almost any of their paper's as
roll goods if you meet the special order minimum.

Kodak Fine Art 41" x 100'
Ektalure G 41" x 100' available by special order. 5
roll minimum.
Kodak is very good about providing almost any of their
papers as roll goods if you
meet the special order minimum.

Sterling I believe that their papers are also available as roll goods.

Cachet I believe that their papers are also available as roll goods.

There must be more, but I cannot think of them at the moment. It would be
very helpful if anyone could/would add to this list.

Thank you.
Steve Rifkin