Re: My First (Unsuccessful) Carbon Print

Albert Strauss (a.strauss@worldnet.att.net)
Sun, 15 Sep 1996 22:35:56 +0000

At 11:42 AM 9/14/96 +0000, you wrote:

>This should be poured onto a dampened absorbent paper which has been squeegeed
>onto a flat level levelled surface with raised edges, about 5 mm. Remove any
>bubbles from the surface by combing it. The last time I demonstrated this I
used
>the hair comb from my pocket. (Below 104 it will be like trying to comb
>jell(o)(y). The paper should be wall lining paper from the decorators merchant
>or if that is not obtainable in the land of the loo seat protector, try
>lintless blotting paper from the art print store.

Do I assume correctly that the "raised edges" acts as a dam? What is the
thickness of the coating after it is poured? I trust its no where near 5mm.
Why is this superior to brushing or rolling the gelatin on? Which gelatiin
are you using?

BTW, you previously described the wall lining paper as thin. What's sold here
as wall lining paper is rather thick, so that it can span large cracks. It is
highly absorbant. Is this OK?

Thank you for your contribution