Imaging

Sil Horwitz (silh@iag.net)
Mon, 16 Sep 1996 13:36:42 -0400

At 06:06 PM 960916 +1000, Jonathan Anderson wrote:

>Not all of us have a powerful enough computer,
>or a scanner, or the software, or a suitable output facility, or enough
>money to pay someone else to do it all for us for every image we would like
>to tinker with! This is not a flippant remark, it is meant in all
>seriousness. I would love all of the above, but my bank would not.....

Look at the record: as electronic photography decreases in price,
traditional photography increases. Eventually, we will reach a point where
some pretty terrific decisions will be necessary. (This was true in the late
19th Century as well, incidently.) I bought my enlarger for about 1/4 the
price it is today; my new photo-realistic printer is about the same price.
It is always one's decision which way to go, and we don't always make the
correct decision......

Sil Horwitz, FPSA
Technical Editor, PSA Journal
silh@iag.net