Re: Bellocq, Friedlander/Cyanotype paper

Steve Avery (stevea@sedal.usyd.edu.AU)
Wed, 18 Sep 1996 15:35:47 +1000

This message bounced. Original sender was Luis Nadeau (awef6t@mis.ca).

-----------------------<included message follows>-----------------------

From: awef6t@mis.ca (Luis Nadeau)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 12:54:24 +0300
Subject: Re: Bellocq, Friedlander/Cyanotype paper

Cor Breukel wrote:

> In my (dutch) news-paper of last saterday there was a book review
> about a photographer called Bellocq: "Photographs from Storyville, the
> Red-Light district of New Orleans". It seems that Lee Friedlander
> bought, 20 years after the death of Bellocq, 89 damaged glassneg. He
> printed them with an "alternative process, using indirect sunlight,
> exposure ranging from 3 hours to 7 days (!)" Just curious but what
> kind of process is this (mechanism?)

Printing-Out-Paper (POP), toned. This was in the Photography series
published by Time-life back in the 70s.

There was a movie directed by Louis Malle in 1978 based on this true
story. Pretty Baby, with Brooke Shields.

Luis Nadeau
awef6t@mis.ca
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
http://www.mi.net/dialin/awef6t/