Re: White precipitate

Jonathon Russell (Hylandscot@voyager.net)
Sun, 22 Sep 1996 17:53:07 +0000

Terry King wrote:

> I have always found that three EDTA baths were effective. Mike Ware recommends
> these three followed by Hypoclear. I too had wondered why given that he label
> gives EDTA as the main constituent. But Mike is not a man to do something for
> no reason at all so I thought, given your special difficulty, that the extra
> bath might help in curing the problem.
>
> Terry King

Terry,
I have a material Safety Data Sheet in hand for Kodak Hypo Clearing
Agent that list the percentage of EDTA at only 5% by weight. The main
component is sodium sulfite: 80% by weight.I wonder if we are not
"barking up the wrong tree" by concentrating on EDTA. Any thoughts from
the list?

Regards,
Jonathon Russell