Re: call to UV printers: was Fluorescent bulbs

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Tue, 1 Oct 1996 21:05:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 2 Oct 1996, Gordon Smith wrote:
> It ain't pretty, but here's what I did for platinum and palladium. I
> went down to Home Depot and bought a cheap, premade kitchen cabinet that
> was 16(deep)x24x24 ($20) and a big outdoor mercury vapor lamp (175

Gordon, that is so cool!. But let me doublecheck: The kitchen cabinet
that's 16 inch deep must be a top cabinet (which could be hard to get
deeper than 12" around here). It's 24inch high -- and your hole for the
light is in the back, not the top --so how high up did you put it?

Can you make a 24 inch long print? Did you test for even exposure between
the ends and the middle?

> AGAIN, THIS MACHINE IS UGLIER THAN A GORILLA'S EVIL STEPMOTHER SO YOUR
> SIGNIFICANT OTHER WILL NOT ALLOW IT IN THE HOUSE OR NEAR THE CHILDREN!
> But it works well.

You cast ugliness in female terms. Did you happen to check to see if the
gorilla has any male relatives, say a brother-in-law?

Cheers (and congratulations),

Judy