Re: Blues to die for

Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Fri, 4 Oct 1996 17:24:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 4 Oct 1996, Judy Seigel wrote:
> someone posted a formula to the list of a post-development sodium chloride
> bath (10%?) that, he said, made the blues brighter. I had made a note to
> try it, but hadn't. Sounds like this could be the same effect, but pre-
> instead of post ... if true.

I found the formula, but I had remembered it wrong... it was for
"brilliant blue" on blue-toned silver prints: 25g salt in 1 litre wash
water. I'm dubious about it, since blue-toned silver prints are brilliant
blue to begin with, but I guess it's worth trying....

Meanwhile, everyone does know that you can make a dandy silver print blue
toner out of your A& B solution for cyanotype, right? (Exactly what you
pay Berg and Brown $10 for.) 10cc A and 10 cc B in 10 to 16 oz water, with
72 cc 28% acetic acid. (Sorry to mix avoirdupois and metric , that's just
the kind of person I am.)

Judy