Xerox Transfers <Re: oIL OV WINTERGREEN>

Greg Schmitz (gws1@columbia.edu)
Sun, 6 Oct 1996 18:06:41 -0400 (EDT)

Sue,

I've never heard of this method before. I have tried a number of
different methods to transfer xerox copies in the past (all with
limited success). Do you put the oil on the plate or the xerox? How
is the transfer effected; what causes the plastic from the xerox copy
to release from its support and adhere to the plate (pressure)? Do
you have to wait for the transfer to occur, or is it instantaneous?

-greg schmitz

P.S. I have CC'd this to the ALT-PHOTO group as Xerox transfer has been
discussed there in the past.

On Sat, 5 Oct 1996, Sue Anne Bottomley wrote:

> Tom Norulak wrote:
>
> >We had a visiting printmaker from Costa Rica tell some of the members of
> >the Pittsburgh Print Group about using oil of wintergreen for making
> >xerox transfers onto etching plates. Does anyone have source for this
> >solution? We have only been able to find it in very small quantities at
> >very high prices.
> >Thanks in advance.
> >Tom
> >

> Oil of wintergreen does indeed permit the transfer of fresh Xerox copies
> onto plates of all varieties. I use it frequently with my Stenocut process.
> I get it in 4 ounce bottles at a pharmacy for about $4-5. A little bit goes
> a very long way.
>
> Sue Anne Bottomley
>

>===for PGP Key finger Greg Schmitz <gws1@cunix.cc.columbia.edu>===
:: ::
Key fingerprint = 73 D3 91 15 96 69 74 E5 14 51 71 44 C8 ED 01 11
Key ID: A7026B1D Key Size: 1024 bits Created: 1994/11/10