Re: to make enlarged negatives

Chris Read (of30@dial.pipex.com)
Sun, 13 Oct 1996 21:09:01 -0700

rdalrymple wrote:

> MEC00001 wrote:
> >
> > Do you use the same type or make of film for all alternative processes?
> > Do you use a different one for gum? Have you ever tried altering the
> > contrast of lith film by bleaching the latent image before developing?
>
> I've always wondered about these things, too. I have also wondered if
> many printers use more than one negative. For instance, several
> negatives at different densities, and the same with positives. There is
> so much to know about negatives for alternative printing. It would be
> an interesting conversation--wouldn't it?
>
> Marilyn

And following the same thread from a different angle (as it were!), has
anyone scanned in a print and then
used a PC package like Paint Shop Pro to create different types of
negatives for use in alternative processes??

Im just doing some now to use in gum over cyanotype. Paint Shop Pro
(and Im sure lots of other packages gives a lot of control over contrast
and density, and its the work of a moment to create 3 different density
and contrast negatives, and print them out on a 600dpi laser printer.
The printing paper also looks thin enough to work well as a paper
negative.

Has anyone any experience of this sort of thing?

Chris Read