Re: making enlarged negatives for alt processes

Karen Molloy (Karen_Molloy.PILOT@pilotsw.com)
15 Oct 96 9:39:35 EDT

>Chris Read wrote:
>
>And following the same thread from a different angle (as it were!), has
>anyone scanned in a print and then used a PC package like Paint Shop Pro
>to create different types of negatives for use in alternative processes??
>
>Im just doing some now to use in gum over cyanotype. Paint Shop Pro
>(and Im sure lots of other packages gives a lot of control over contrast
>and density, and its the work of a moment to create 3 different density
>and contrast negatives, and print them out on a 600dpi laser printer.
>The printing paper also looks thin enough to work well as a paper negative.
>
>Has anyone any experience of this sort of thing?

I'm just getting in to this sort of thing by scanning in photo images and
creating negatives in PhotoShop. I'm a novice at it.

There was a discussion about this topic here a few months ago, (at a level
beyond what I could grasp at the time ) so there's probably info in the
archives (which I should go back and check myself).

Karen Molloy

kmolloy@pilotsw.com