Re: Truth, et al...

Jonathon Russell (Hylandscot@voyager.net)
Mon, 21 Oct 1996 11:30:01 +0000

Jack Fulton wrote:

> But, hey, say, you know ... I went away to necessary familial duties. To
> the pavement of NYC where I encountered the fabbest yet possible
> Photoshop plug-in ... will let you know if will become a reality ... and
> to the changing hillsides of Virginia and North Carolina and a study of
> Thomas Jefferson's architecture, only to encounter all the #@%%&***$ on
> the list. Someone said that it was a pile of _____, and there is no way
> that arrogance can be assuaged through the amelioration of friendship.
>
> PS does anyone have an alternative formula for "Diafine" the two-part
> developer? I know Patrick Dignan published one prior but I've lost his
> spiral bound set of formulae for B/W
> Would appreciate it.
> Thanks
> JF
Jack,
I agree with your assessment of the list...But now on with why we are
here.
Diafine Substitute:
Sol. A
Water 750ml
Sodium Sulfite 35.0gr
Hydroquinone 6.0gr
Phenidone 0.2gr
Sodium Bisulfite 6.0gr
Water to make 1.0 L

Sol.B
Water 750ml
Sodium Sulfite 65.0gr
Sodium Metaborate 20.0gr
Water to make 1.0 L

Use like the commercial Diafine

I hope that this is the formula that you are lookin for; I have tried it
as a substitute for Diafine and find that the results are identical.

Regards to one and all

Jonathon Russell